CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Is it spring?


The last few days have been the kind of days I've come to love. Flowers are starting to bloom, the trees on the corner are showing their first pink blooms, and we even see the sun from time to time. These have been days that have some sun, but also some clouds, and even a rain shower or two. The wind has been blowing hard and often. They've been days that would be classified as either mostly sunny or partly cloudy (and yes, there is a difference) but unlike the usually white fluffy clouds that usually populate a mostly sunny day, these clouds are dark and gray and wholly block out the sun when they cover it. These are days that clearly say that we are still definitely in winter (we may even get snow by the end of the week), but spring is most certainly on it's way. I'm finding I'm a big fan of these days that clearly show signs of the changing seasons.

3 comments:

georgia-mom said...

I can tell spring is on its way because my brown Texas grass is starting to show tufts of green. Wasn't the Lord so kind as to think of seasons to add variety and delight to our lives?

Jill said...

Our purple crocuses bloomed the other day, the daffodils are almost ready to open, and the tulip leaves are 4 inches tall--I love these first moments of spring too.

jenn said...

NO it is not spring- it is snowing for heaven's sake! I still have to wear a heavy coat! And my bulbs were tilled last fall, so I don't think I'll even know when it does come!