CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Good Neighbors

I have a neighbor that I love. She has been a great friend to me over the last few years. And last night I got quite a treat out of her.
She called me to ask me how to make my twice baked potatoes. She then asked what I was making for dinner. At that point, I had no idea what I was making, so she asked if I wanted to bring my family over to her house to eat. Not have to cook dinner? Sure! After a couple of conversations that afternoon, it was determined I would bring over some kind of fruit, something for all the kids to drink (another family was coming as well) and a pan of brownies. No big deal, and certainly easier than having to cook a whole meal for my family. Besides, the thought of twice baked potatoes was very appealing.
I walked into her kitchen and found a whole lot more than twice baked potatoes. There was a platter of steaks, fresh off the grill, a pan of sauteed mushrooms, and a nice bowl of fresh shrimp. Plus the yummy twice baked potatoes, broccoli in cheese sauce, green beans, and chips and hot dogs for the kids who didn't want steak and potatoes. She went all out! My contribution of pears that hardly got eaten, a pan of brownies that only the kids ate, and juice that ended up coming home with me seemed paltry indeed. But she didn't care. She was more than happy to just have us over to enjoy a really good meal with her.
To top it off, she took Rachel out after dinner to start teaching her how to ride her bike without training wheels! She taught her daughter last week, and Rachel gets very stubborn with me, so she got her started. She didn't give in to Rachel's crying when she wanted to stop. She made her continue. I would probably gotten too frustrated and let her quit for the day, but Scott would have caved totally and put her training wheels back on. We love that Angela made her keep going.
Neighbors like her are so nice to have! :)

1 comment:

jenn said...

Here, here to good neighbors. Too bad all mine are moving away!