CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Little Gym


All three of my kids take gymnastics classes at The Little Gym of Puyallup. We love this place. Rachel started there two years ago and we've gradually gotten to the point where all three of my kids are attending. The newest semester started the day Rebecca turned three, which is the age necessary to go into a class without a parent, so she's been going just over a month. I actually got to sit and watch her class yesterday. It was so much fun to see! I was a little amazed watching her do donkey kicks, attempting front supports, and doing forward rolls down the cheese mats. And I remember the days when Rachel first started and how new and exciting it was for her to be doing the same things. Rachel is now perfecting her cartwheel and handstand kissers. She has quite a talent for the balance beam, though she loves the uneven bars the best (especially that flying burrito). Tyler's class is a little different. His class is half gymnastics and half sports skills. Of course he loves to do the front supports and pizza hangs, but he more loves telling everyone how to bump, set and spike a volleyball or how he won his hockey game against Mr. Jason. The Little gym has been wonderful for my kids. They've all gained skills , strength and coordination, but they've also gained confidence and courage. They're encouraged to push their boundaries and go beyond their comfort levels. But it's done in a way that is safe and builds them up for just trying, whether or not they're successful. Going to gymnastics is the highlight of the week for my kids. They look forward to this more than anything else they do. And I'm thrilled we've found something that has been so great for all of them.

2 comments:

georgia-mom said...

They are learning much more than just gymnastics skills. I'm glad you found such a great place for them to go and grow!

jenn said...

I'm pretty jealous. We don't do anything like it, even though my kids are DYING to because I can't come up with tuition times 5 kids and a schedule that is sane enough for me! Good job making it work for your family!