CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Wonder Woman in the flesh!

I know I usually blog about the things that are going on in my life, but I decided today to blog about a person in my life instead. I want to tell you all about this amazing woman.

For starters, she is kind and caring. She makes everyone around her feel special, important, and loved.
She is generous with her time, talents and love. Talents and love she has in droves, but her time is extremely limited, so I feel blessed and grateful every time she makes time for me.
She is an amazing mother. She allows her children to grow and increase their own talents, and she loves them the way every child deserves to be loved.
Even though she complains about her callings at times, she has magnified every calling I've ever known her to hold. She is more than competent, she is wonderful wherever she puts her hand.
She is creative and talented, and loves to share that with those she loves. She isn't stingy with anything she's been given. And the organization alone in her craft room astounds me. Not to mention all the incredible things she makes in there!
She is a great cook. I always love eating at her house! Anyone who has done fondue with her can also tell you that her food looks as good as it tastes. She certainly has a talent for bringing out the beauty around her, including in her food. And if you ever need a table decorated, she's absolutely your girl!
She makes a sincere effort to include all those she feels should be included in every event. She makes sure those who should know about something are in the know. And even if distance precludes attendance at something, she makes sure to let you know you're wanted anyway.
Her home and her heart are always open to anyone who needs it.
She is a hard worker. She gets more done in a day than I can accomplish in a week.
So who is this amazing and fabulous wonder woman? Of course, it is my big sister Jennifer.
Jenn, you are truly the glue that holds our family together. You don't get nearly the thanks or appreciation you deserve for everything you do for all of us. You are so important to this family. We would not continue to function as a close extended family without all of your hard work. You do so much! Thank you for making each and every one of us feel loved and important. Thank you for opening your home, your kitchen, your life to any of us when we want it. Thank you for being so generous and selfless. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You are truly amazing. I hope I can be more like you when I grow up!
I LOVE YOU!!!

And just in case there was any question, my fizzy joy for today is my wonderful sister!

4 comments:

jenn said...

Just stop! Now I'm totally messing up my make-up from crying so much! You are too kind and yet, it felt so good to hear that all I can say is thank you for noticing, caring and loving me! I feel like I muddle through life but when you put it all together, maybe I have accomplished something good. I needed the pep talk Elizabeth and appreciate all the nice things you said! Thank you and I LOVE YOU TOO!!

my happy thought today is someone in seattle loves me! :)

jenn said...

The new blog format didn't show up when I first checked in- it's very cool!

Jill said...

You're right on the money with all your insights on Jenn. We (as friends) tell her often how amazing she is and how we don't know how she does it all, but it's a wonderful thing for you to give her such a nice, public compliment.

georgia-mom said...

I'm the mom and it's my job to think my kids are wonderful, but it's an awfully easy job for me. We all have weaknesses as terrible as our strengths are wonderful, but the generosity of you girls is a great blessing to many people. I, for one, am a happy recipient of your goodness.