CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

DAY 1


1. I take a picture of myself once a month. I also weigh and measure my hips and waist. I wish I'd started this a year ago. I've lost about 30 pounds since I started running, but I don't have a definite number because I didn't weigh myself at the beginning.

2. I'm training for a half marathon, to be run 5 days after I turn 35. Jenn, I still blame you.

3. I miss my father every single day.

4. I LOVE Texas. I could live here the rest of my life and be happy.

5. My favorite fruit is mango. That's new. It was raspberries for a lot of years.

6. I often feel like the least of my siblings; the least talented, the least smart, the least capable, the least lots of things. I am so grateful to be part of a family that helps me be a better me.

7. Wearing pretty colors makes me happy.

8. One of my many guilty pleasures is slightly racy quasi "mystery" novels. I should read good literature, and I enjoy it when I do, but every now and then I just need the equivalent of a popcorn movie.

9. Speaking of popcorn movies, I love them. I'd take a decent action movie over a chick flick any day of the week. And most comedies bore me.

10. I have almost as many lip glosses as I do shoes. And I have a lot of shoes.

11. Insomnia SUCKS.

12. My biggest regret in life is not finishing college. There isn't even a close second.

13. My kids think I'm the best cook ever. I love that they think that. It makes me happy that they love my cooking. They'll learn one day that I'm a passable home style cook, but I'm not even the best cook in my family.

14. My eyes aren't one definite color. There is some blue, some green, and some gray. They can change tint depending on my mood.

15. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who don't know the correct use of they're, there, and their; or to, two, or too; or your or you're. It's not hard. Oh, and a lot is two words, not one; and an apostrophe goes where letters are taken out, so it's y'all, not ya'll. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

megan said...

I'm sorry.... I'm definitely one of those 15s.

jenn said...

Megan is definitely one of those number fifteens! But she's cute anyway.

LOVE your list.

I'll take the blame because it means I get some credit when you finish that half marathon, which I know you will!!

Angela said...

#15. Teehee. :) I totally relate.

I'm impressed that you left out except vs. accept, definitely vs. defiantly, and seperate vs. separate. For the last one, there is no excuse. Seperate isn't even a word!