CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

DAY 2; someone you used to be close to.


OK, this one just makes me sad. I thought of several people I could have chosen for this. Angela or Rachel from high school, Laura or Brooke or Julie from past wards, Amanda or Chelsea or Marissa or any of my laurels who have continued on since my move, really I can think of at least a dozen people who would qualify whom I miss. I guess it shows I have done a poor job of staying in contact with people I love. But the person I chose is someone I'm still in contact with, just not nearly as much as I would like.
Meet Squirt, AKA Melody. Melody was there for me in ways no one else ever has been. She was really my best friend in so many ways. Like I said, we still talk. She mailed a Valentine that arrived on Valentine's day, which also happened to be the day of my father's funeral. She has a knack for knowing just when to be there, and just what to say. I miss our girls nights out, pedicures on Saturday afternoons, fondue nights, and her legendary parties. Distance changes things. I can call, of course. I can email as much as I want. But it's not the same. Shirley misses her Squirt!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Funny names for each other.

Distance does change things and that can be so sad.