CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Day 5

Favorite Memory
OK, so I'm not actually going to share my favorite memory. Knowing this was coming, I've thought a lot about what I wanted to say. I agree that choosing just one memory as a favorite is hard and maybe a little ridiculous. I have been blessed to have many wonderful memories, and picking just one doesn't work. I also don't want to give a list of top 5 or 10 either. But I am going to post, I just won't tell you the details. Instead I'll share what I learned.

I remember the day clearly. I remember how scared and overwhelmed I felt. I was worried I'd be consumed by the panic and dread I was feeling. I remember being alone in my bedroom and dropping to my knees to pray. I remember before I could utter a single word, an overwhelming and all encompassing feeling of peace came over me. The fear was gone. The panic was gone. And I knew, without a doubt that there was a God in heaven who was my Father, who knew me personally and intimately, who watched over me, who loved me, and who was guiding and directing my life. He knew what was best for me. He knew what my life was to be. He knew that what seemed overwhelming to me at the time would be one of the greatest blessings I would have in this life. I am grateful every single day that I was blessed with that experience. To know that my Father in Heaven loved me enough to send the Comforter in such strength to me in a time of such need has given me peace in the many years since. I trust God. I trust His path. I trust His timing. I trust that He knows me and loves me. When you put your trust in the God of Heaven, how can you ever go wrong?

1 comment:

jenn said...

Powerful and beautifully written.
Love you more.