CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 16

Someone who inspires you

Let me start with the obvious; I am a runner because of Jenn. Who, in their mid 30s, after having 5 children, takes up running and becomes a marathon runner? Jenn. I say again, I am a runner because of Jenn. She inspired me to take up a habit that has made me happy. I will forever be grateful that she has been able to inspire me to better myself. But there's more.
Jenn is one of the most amazing women I know. She is smart; a college graduate. She is talented. She is thoughtful and generous. She is kind and giving. She has a craft room full of things I'd never know how to use, and she does amazing and beautiful things with them. She is a fantastic cook, and has a great eye for presentation. I watch her strive to be a great mother. I see her commitment to the gospel and her testimony, and I watch as she constantly tries to better herself. She holds her large extended family together, always offering a place for them to gather and feel loved. She understood that having lived with my father for almost two years before his passing, that his death was particularly hard on me and called to check on me frequently. She is so busy with so many things, but still manages to give her kids all the opportunities for growth that she can afford and pack into her ridiculously busy schedule. I'm not sure there isn't anything this woman can't or doesn't do. She inspires me in so many ways. I wish everyone were lucky and blessed to have a big sister like Jennifer. I am so grateful that I do!

3 comments:

Kate said...

She is pretty amazing as a mother too!

jenn said...

What on earth?!! This is just a whole lot of nice. I want to say it's a whole lot of bologna, but that is my weakness and self-doubt speaking. Though we need to be clear- there are some things I can't do. However, I am very grateful that you think so highly of me. Thank you for the nice post and the confidence boost.

And I may have inspired you to start running, but the loving it and the success you're having with it is ALL YOU! You are pretty amazing too.

Angela said...

She inspires me too.