CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 24

Something you wish you could change

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
Article of Faith 11

No, I have no interest in changing this article of faith. In fact, it is my favorite. If I could change anything, it would be to live in a society where all believed and lived this principle. We believe different things. We want different things from life. Priorities are different for all. Why does that have to mean one of us is wrong and one of us is right? Truth is truth, so many times one is wrong and one is right, but I am not trying to force anyone to believe as I do. Why do so many try to force their beliefs, their political agendas, their priorities on others? So much of the misery in our society comes from one group trying to force others to conform to what they want. If we could all learn to be more understanding, more accepting of differences, more tolerant of what another chooses, we would all be much happier. To put it more succinctly; live and let live!

Can't we all just get along?

3 comments:

jenn said...

I always find this so interesting- that we allow others to believe as they see fit when we know we have truth. It shows respect for our agency and I love that.

Angela said...

Agency, honey. Agency.

I'm glad we have it. Like you, I also wish people used it more wisely.

georgia-mom said...

I totally agree. Let's take off our boxing gloves, knock down the walls, remove the labels, check our egos, and just talk sensibly. What's so hard about that?