CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 23

Favorite book

Do you want my favorite book? The one I read over and over again and never get tired of?
The one I laugh and cry at every time? The one that will never have a movie adaptation that will be good enough because it never lives up to the brilliance that is the book?
I first read Pride and Prejudice when Jenn was
supposed to read it in high school. I was hooked
from the very first line.

Or do you want the best book I've ever read?
The one that makes me learn new things about myself and about life every time I read it? The one that constantly teaches me and enlightens me? The one that makes me think?
Not only do I own multiple copies, when I went off to college I stole Dad's copy from the bookshelf to make sure I could have it and read it any time I wanted. I still own that copy.

My favorite book is not the best book I've ever read, but I still love it. But because it's the best book I've ever read, that one gets a mention too.

3 comments:

jenn said...

I had to read Pride and Prejudice in High School?! I didn't. I didn't read a lot of things I was supposed to but I don't remember this being a book I ignored. I finally read it as an adult. Oh- Mr. Darcy.

I love Screwtape Letters too. Good choices.

Angela said...

Good choices. I haven't actually finished either, but I've started both and love them lots.

georgia-mom said...

I love Jane Austen, and have read Screwtape Letters many times. Again, good choices.