CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday

Two weeks to go.

That's it!

That's all I have until my half marathon.

The good news?

I ran 12 miles this morning. 12!! All 12 jogging, no walking.

And I ran 26.2 over the course of the week. I ran a marathon this week!

The bad news?

Today's run almost killed me.

About 9 miles in I wanted to quit. It was muggy and humid and I was miserable. Even though it wasn't even 8:00 in the morning yet!

About 10 miles in I almost stopped all together.

10.5 miles in I almost started crying.

I had to literally, out loud, talk myself through the next half mile.

And I prayed. A lot.

I got through my run. Barely. But I still need to add another 1.1 miles to that.

I know I can finish. I just hope I don't finish feeling the way I did when I finished today.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I thought about you ALL day yesterday. I knew it would be hard but I knew you could do it. I'm sorry you felt so bad- it happens. You are doing something hard. But you did it and you are amazing. Remember, it may be hard for you to walk and start again, but it's okay to give your body some rest as you go; adjust for your weather and refuel more on humid days; I love you and know you can do this!!

I ran my first half marathon with a hurt knee and had to hobble to my hotel room where I skipped the shower and went right to sleep for two hours. This is HARD! It will hurt. But you will finish!!

Angela said...

You'll do great. You got this far already. What's 1.1 more miles?